Now Offering Teletractice Services in French!
We now offer speech and language therapy in French! French services are only available online. Please contact us to book your French language session.
What is Telepractice?
Telepractice is real-time, face-to-face speech and language services provided on a computer or tablet and may include, assessment, consultation, individual therapy, parent training, and/or group therapy.
Telepractice services are evidence based and provide the same benefit as traditional (in-person) services. Research has shown that progress is comparable, and sometimes even greater!
Telepractice is convenient as it allows your child to receive services in the comfort of your own home.
Telepractice services are suitable for clients of all ages and goals, including articulation, apraxia of speech, language, social communication, fluency, parent coaching, and augmentative and alternative communication (AAC). It is an excellent tool to promote increased language development, social interaction, and generalization of speech and language goals outside of the clinic environment. Children are often highly engaged and sometimes even more attentive than in person due to the interactive nature of telepractice and the ability to incorporate age appropriate games, activities, and video.
Our telepractice services are delivered using Zoom, a virtual meeting room platform that allows for face- to-face synchronous (real-time) interaction and the ability to screen-share. (See Zoom.us for more information.) Zoom also provides end-to-end encryption so confidentiality is maintained.
- What do I need for Telepractice?
- Computer, laptop, or tablet
- Web camera (external, or built into your device)
- Microphone (external, or built into your device)
- OPTIONAL – headset with microphone
- High speed internet or data (with a minimum upload speed of 1 MB/s)
- Test your internet speed using a website such as www.speedtest.net
- Parental involvement
- Parent must be present to help set up the telepractice session, troubleshoot the technology, minimize environmental distractions, and to participate in the session as needed
(required) Signed Consent for Electronic Communication
Not sure if telepractice is right for you or your child? Check out an actual session below:
How do I get started?
- Contact our office at 226-456-8255 or SLPhelpingchildrentalk@gmail.com to discuss your child’s
speech and language needs and our telepractice services.
- We will set up a mutually agreed-upon telepractice appointment time with you.
- Review, sign, and email/text the completed Consent for Electronic Communication form to us.
- Once your informed consent is obtained, your therapist will send you an email invitation with a link to the Zoom meeting.
- At the time of the telepractice session, you will click on the emailed Zoom meeting link which will direct to the private online Zoom meeting room where you will be able to see, hear, and interact with the therapist in real-time.
- Following your virtual session, you may send payment via electronic funds transfer to SLPhelpingchildrentalk@gmail.com. The therapist will email you a digital receipt after your payment, as well as any applicable paperwork or home practice materials.