In order to make the best use of my time and to be fair to other clients in the practice, I need to have policies regarding attendance, cancellation, late arrival and payment.
I will be working with you and your child for a very small amount of time per week. In order for your child to make progress in his/her communication development it is critical that you are able to commit to regular weekly therapy attendance as it takes significant practice with corrective feedback for learning to occur.
If you are unable to bring your child to therapy on a consistent basis I will request that you take a break from therapy until a time when you are able to come on a weekly basis.
CANCELLATION & LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
You may cancel your session by 8am on the day of the appointment without penalty. Cancellations can be by telephone, text, or email.
- Should you cancel the appointment after 8:00am a $30 cancellation fee will be charged.
- Should a client not attend a scheduled appointment and fail to call to cancel, the client will be charged the full fee for the appointment.
- Should a client arrive late for an appointment, the missed time will not be made up, the appointment will end at the scheduled time, and the full fee for the appointment will be charged.
If you wish to discontinue therapy, I require 14 days advance notice with at least 1 more session after the notice is given in order to prepare your child for the transition. If the 14 day notice is not provided and/or you do not attend the final session, I will charge a $125 fee.
It is expected that payment will be made at the time that services are rendered unless other arrangements have been mutually agreed upon. Cash, cheque or electronic fund transfer payments are accepted. You will be given a receipt for all services rendered which you can then submit to your insurance company or use for income tax purposes.
- Should the client fail to pay the outstanding balance within 20 days from the date that the service was provided, a weekly late payment fee of $30 will be charged for each 7 days that the payment is delayed.
- A $30 fee will be charged for all NSF cheques.
- I reserve the right to refuse further services until outstanding payments, including late or NSF fees, are paid in full.